sketchy adj : giving only major points; lacking completeness; "a sketchy account"; "details of the plan remain sketchy" [syn: unelaborated] [also: sketchiest, sketchier]
- Rhymes: -ɛtʃi
- Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
- The first draft included a sketchy design.
- Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- The sketchy repair job did not look like it would hold.
- (of a person) Suspected of taking part in illicit or
- He is so sketchy I always think that he is up to something.
Of questionable or doubtful quality
Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings
adulterated, arrested, blemished, callow, crude, cursory, damaged, defective, deficient, depthless, embryonic, erroneous, failing, fallible, faulty, found wanting, fuzzy, hasty, hurried, hypoplastic, ill-defined, immature, impaired, imperfect, imprecise, impure, in arrear, in arrears, in default, in short supply, inaccurate, inadequate, incomplete, indistinct, inexact, infant, lacking, makeshift, mediocre, missing, mixed, needing, not perfect, off, part, partial, patchy, perfunctory, rough, rough-hewn, scant, scanty, scrappy, shallow, short, shy, skimpy, superficial, uncritical, underdeveloped, undeveloped, uneven, unfinished, unperfected, unpolished, unrefined, unsound, unthorough, vague, wanting